Villa Cocogroove Seminyak - From US$ 600 > - Individual Villa Compound
In a developing area of Bali in Seminyak, in the south of the island, the Singaporean owner of a plot of land wanted a holiday property that was open, convenient to live in, and yet maintained some references to traditional Balinese dwellings (though not at all overtly). The site where Villa Cocogroove stands, was originally virgin paddy fields, and though close to the sea, there was no possibility of a view from the single-storey structure, which was also what the client requested. Architect Ian Chee has designed a complex that creates entirely its own habitat within the surrounding walls. Chee's intention was to re-interpret the traditional Balinese layout of a dwelling. In this, there is a series of small construction grouped in the same compound, with a minimum of five areas: entrance, bedroom kitchen, bathroom and granary. The precise layout varies according to status and caste, and follows rules laid down in treatises, some going back to the fifteenth century. Masonry platforms are traditional, as is the interpenetration of interior and exterior space.
Villa Cocogroove, completed in 2004 and with a total built-up area of 550 square meters, was conceived as a series of bales (the Balinese version of a gazebo) linked by a covered walkway and orientated to take advantage of the prevailing winds, using large cantilevered overhangs and plated pergolas for shade and protection from rain. By adapting the arrangement of a traditional Bali home, the architect was able to satisfy the client's wish to keep the guest quarters separate, and these were located in a line extending from the corner housing the kitchen, service quarters and garage. The living shelter followed by the master room extends from this corner at a right angle, while the house temple was placed facing the sacred mountain Gunung Agung in the opposite corner of the compound.
One entire wall of the compound is lined by plantings of small trees. The water connects the living area at firth with the bathrooms that adjoin the master and second bedrooms. The focus of the house is the living shelter, roofed but opens on three sides. In the centre of this is the sunken seating area, into which steps lead down from two opposite corner. Early morning sunlight streams into the living shelter (overleaf), with its dining table at left. The area faces out on to the lawn, swimming pool and a small bale in traditional style, thatched with alang-alang grass.
30 minutes drive to airport, 5 minutes drive to Seminyak, 30 minutes drive to Tanah Lot.
- Fine dining
- Annual village festival
- Local villager's ceremony
- Air-conditioned bedrooms
- Baby cots at additional cost
- Ceiling / Wall Fan
- Car and driver at additional charge
- Extra beds at additional charge
- IDD Telephone access
- Internet connection
- Private pool
- Safety box
- Scooter/motorbike/bicycle rental
- Study room
- Tropical garden
Villa Cocogroove is fully serviced with its own staff, including a cook, a maid, gardener, and night time security staff. The staff is at your call for the entire duration of your stay and will cater to your every need.
- Babysitting or Child Minding service can be arranged at additional cost
- Guest registration with local authorities
- Daily Newspaper at additional cost
- Full staff including private chef, villa attendants, gardeners, technician
- In villa yoga at additional cost
- In villa massage at additional cost
- In villa dining at additional charge based on groceries
- Night security service
- Tour guide services available
- VISA Fast Track Immigration Service upon arrival at additional charge
Villa Cocogroove - Villa Rates
Validity: until March 31, 2014
||Villa Rates (USD)
|3 Bedroom Villa
All rates are quoted in US$ net per villa (not per person) per night, with the following benefits:
- Airport pick-up service upon arrival with the private air-conditioned vehicle
- Personalized check-in service upon arrival in the villa
- Refreshing welcome drink upon arrival
- Welcome fruit basket
- In villa daily breakfast for two persons per room
- Afternoon tea/coffee
- Daily villa cleaning
- Wi-Fi internet connection
- Personalized check-out service upon departure in the villa
All rates are subject to 15,5% government tax & service charge.
- High & Peak Season Periods
High season period: July 1 - 31, September 1 - 15, Chinese New Year and Easter Week.
Peak season period: August 1 - 31 and December 20 - January 8.
Minimum stay: LOW season: 2 nights; HIGH season: 5 nights; PEAK season: 7 nights.
- Extra Person
- Maximum occupancy is two persons per room